Here are my drawbacks to vacationing in Mexico:
- It's a foreign country, so there will always be a language barrier
- The money is different. Feels like you are spending Monopoly money and then you are always having to complete conversions in your head. That is very hard to do after a few cervezas.
- People are trying to rip you off because you are a tourist.
- You have to go through customs, which means standing in lines and I hate standing in lines.
- You will probably get sick. ugh. Nothing worse than being sick on vacation.
- It smells bad, seriously.
- It's dirty.
- Don't drink the water. Also worry about the ice in your beverage and what your food is washed with, what did they use to make the coffee?, should you brush your teeth with that? uh oh, what if I swallowed some water in the shower?, Ever wonder how their sewer system works, as you are swimming in the ocean? .... this could go on and on.
- It's not as cheap as it used to be.
- It's not Hawaii.
Well, it safe to say that my Husband and I are NOT Mexico people. We got back from this trip, still recovering from a travelling illness, more excited than ever for our upcoming trip to Hawaiiiiiiiiiiiii, only 7 weeks away. Yes!
It is pretty in pictures:
What are your thoughts on travelling to Mexico?